Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Yamaha Carb Fixed (I Hope)

It was in the low seventies, here in Denver, today. So I worked on the Yamaha, after getting home from Grand Junction (lab inspection).

I took the float bowl off of the right-hand carb and installed the new gasket. I then ran the bike for a few minutes, leaning it on the side stand to see if the leak was gone. All appears to be well.

I did notice, however, that the centerstand tang hits the left muffler. This doesn't allow the centerstand to retract, fully, and causes it to touch down in the corners. I will try to bend the tang, some, and see if I can make it work.
I also rotated the bars forward, somewhat, to give me a more natural hand/wrist position. It also looks better, to me.
Coming soon: New headlight mounts and headlight shell, levelling up the seat pan and finallizing the mounting, tires and tubes, rattlecan paint job, new brake pads and new mirrors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home