Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Despite My Camera Woes

I have figured out a way to post some pictures.  My broken camera will still take pictures (though I think the quality is degraded a bit), but it won't upload them to my computer.

So, I take pictures, then pull the SD card out and put it in this cheap little $25.00 video camera I have, and use it as a disc drive to load the pics onto my Mac.  (Why can't Apple just put a slot for SD cards in the damn computer?)



Here, then, are some pictures of my life, at the moment:

 I have been clearing the house out, for a week, getting ready for a yard sale.  Today, I started in on the shop building.  I plan on getting rid of most of my bike parts and partial bikes, as well as some junk guitars and such.

The parts in the back of the truck will possibly be used to get derelict frames up and rolling so that I can sell them as bikes.  What I don't use will just be for sale as parts.


 These boxes are random items that will be for sale, cheap.  I plan on pricing stuff so that nothing will be left over.

 The pile by the door is a "keep pile".  The tubes need to be inflated and left, overnight, to see if they leak.

 I have sorted through the first two shelf units, and I've started on the third.  The tub on the floor is full of things which will end up back on the shelves, once I am done.  The Honda is going up for sale on Craigslist, later this week.

 The stuff on my workbench is "keeper" stuff.  Tools, art supplies, etc.  I dread getting into this side of the room, even though I've already cleared the bench and gathered up all those mountain bike handlebars.

I started on this at about 10:30, this morning.  It is now 6:00 PM, and all that stuff is sitting outside.  I have to figure out where to put it, until Friday.  I don't want to move it back into the building...

I am getting rid of a lot of stuff.  I got into that "my possessions own me" mode, so I am fighting back.  I don't want to sell a bunch of stuff on Craigslist, because it's just annoying to do so.  eBay charges too much, nowadays, plus I don't want to pack and shipp 100 different items.

So, I am having a big yard sale.  Wish me luck!

x

8 Comments:

At 8:15 PM , Blogger Apertome said...

Man, that's a lot of stuff to get rid of. I wish you luck!

You can buy a standalone card reader really inexpensively these days, if you get tired of using the video camera. Or, you might try using a different cable to transfer directly from your camera, if you haven't already tried it.

 
At 8:37 PM , Blogger Pondero said...

There's got to be some rare treasures in that yard sale. I wish I could just hop on the bike and pedal by. I hope you experience the cleansing that you seek.

 
At 8:48 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Michael: One of the dysfunctional things the camera is doing is going into "Lens Error" mode when I plug the USB cord in, so I can't transfer directly from it, any longer. I have another camera on the way, so I am just making do until it shows up.

Chris: Thanks. It has been somewhat liberating, already, to just make the decision and go forward with the purge.

 
At 3:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HRJG--------
What has prompted the ye olde workshoppe cleanse?
FMM

 
At 6:25 AM , Blogger Jon said...

FMM: Just sick of the clutter, and I want to control it, rather than vice-versa...

 
At 6:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I did not realize the Honda was a transient.

 
At 9:03 AM , Blogger Jon said...

The Honda is causing me guilt. I feel bad for having it and not riding it. I'd rather it go to someone who will use it.

 
At 10:49 AM , Blogger Big Oak said...

I feel your clutter pain. We just finished moving. We purposefully bought a house with a smaller garage and no barns to eliminate places for me to put stuff.

Good luck with your sale!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home