Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Bikes

I have figured out a roundabout way to get photos from my phone to my computer, so here are a couple of little glimpses into my world, of late.

I got a Carradice Nelson Longflap bag for the rear of the XOXO, and a small Nitto front rack.  I plan on using this as my fair-weather commuter, this winter.  The bag on the rear is capacious, and will take my lunch, a pair of pants, shirt, socks and underwear, in addition to repair and flat-fixing tools.  I am kinda tired of the whole rack and panniers scene...




And, here's the artsy-fartsy shot of my Scrambler, reflected in my coffee, that I posted to Facebook, this morning.  A true "cafe bike"!  I flipped it, from the original orientation.

Tomorrow, I'll try to get a shot of my "new" 1983 Nishiki that I built up, yesterday.

x

10 Comments:

At 6:19 PM , Blogger LvilleTex said...

Really really like the orange Handsome. Envious of such a cool rig. And I have a Longflap too. Don't use it as much as used to, but it's a nice piece.

 
At 7:30 PM , Blogger Pondero said...

Two great photos, and two great subjects. Let me guess, the coffee shows the underside of your exhaust pipes. It took awhile for me to sort it out, but that's my guess.

 
At 7:36 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Pondero: You got it.

 
At 8:20 PM , Blogger Steve A said...

Are the bags gonna stay with the bike or will they be easy to remove and carry separately?

 
At 8:30 PM , Blogger Jon said...

It will have only the Longflap on it, and it will mostly stay on the bike. I park the bike next to my desk, at work, so I don't have any need to remove the bag on a regular basis.

I will use the front rack as needed for extra haulage.

 
At 3:45 AM , Blogger Big Oak said...

I really like the orange. And the setup looks like a great all around town (and country) bike. That front rack adds a real touch of class.

 
At 11:14 AM , Blogger Apertome said...

I had the same question as Steve A. Sounds great but it wouldn't work for me, since I have to take my bags with me. I'm trying a new approach for school this semester, which I will post about when I get a chance.

The bikes are both looking great! The coffee cup reflection is excellent, even if it is a little hard to figure out what's going on.

 
At 2:07 PM , Blogger RidesaSurly said...

xoxo the xoxo

 
At 8:02 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Apertome: There are quick-release methods of attaching these bags. I just don't need to spend the money, at this time. If things change, and i have to leave the bike outside for long periods...

Fixed gal: Thanks!

 
At 1:30 PM , Blogger nordic_68 said...

Great looking ride! Those downturned handlebars give me some ideas.

In recent years I got re-acquainted with racks & panniers, which I hadn't seen since my 1980's cyclotouring youth. But I can appreciate the simplicity of form with the Carradice seat bag...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home