Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Saturday, June 05, 2010

I Am So Lazy

Five laps in by 11:00 PM, and I decided to call it a night. 

We are riding the course in the opposite direction from last year, so the double-track endless slog from then is now a 20+ mph big-ring bonanza.  The sandy portions of that stretch are somewhat disconcerting at that speed, when you can see what you are doing.  Theay are downright scary in the dark.

So, I decided to call it a night at the 40ish mile mark,  Randy heated up the pasta and I got out of my reeking filthy rags.  Now, ay midnight, we are in the sleeping bags, with plans to get up early for breakfast so that I can try to complete my next 80 miles in the daylight. 

I know I'll, at least, get a century out of it.  Hopefully, I will manage the 120 I was shooting for.  Either way, I'm happy.

x

1 Comments:

At 7:14 AM , Blogger MandG said...

I'm sure you're out there now beating the heat! It's always so beautiful down there in the mornings! Enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home