Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Getting Ready to Ride East

Saturday morning, I will be heading for Tennessee on the big Suzuki.  I have spent much of the past few days preparing for the trip.

Packing?  Doing maintenance on the bike? Nope, just trying to get the house ready for a dog-sitter, basically.  Carol's dog, Ruby, blew out here ACL, and had knee surgery.  So, she can't have Jack and Oswald running around.  Boarding them is prohibitively expensive, which led me to ask Mark to babysit them.

I didn't want Mark to have to deal with the normal clutter (and, truthfully, I was getting pretty sick of it myself), so I did a bit of cleaning, tossing and rearranging.  Now that the house is a bit more normal, I can actually start to do laundry, pack, mow the yard, etc.

Man, this vacation stuff is hard work.

x

4 Comments:

At 9:29 PM , Blogger Noah said...

I know! I'm usually ready for a vacation from my vacation by the time it's over. See you Saturday?

 
At 7:24 AM , Blogger Jon said...

Noah: Looking forward to it. I sent you a message through your off-comments contact on the KC Commute blog, btw.

 
At 11:51 AM , Blogger Apertome said...

Hope you have a great trip! Sounds like you and Noah are going to meet up ... very cool. Looking forward to reading about that.

 
At 6:43 AM , Anonymous That Guy said...

Jon,
We are all happy as clams.... Loaded up Thunder and stopped by Jerusalem, took a killer dinner back to your house and the dogs had a great time out in the back yard while I feasted. Settled in and watched a few good movie marathon's that were on cable. Managed to catch the car chase in Bullitt. Jack and Thunder have formed a good bond.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home