Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

500th Post!

I was going to post a short description of my ride home from work, on Thursday, and noticed that my next post (this one) would be the 500th.  So, I put off posting, thinking I should come up with something to commemorate the milestone.  I started this blog, my first, in January of 2006 as a way to avoid sending 5-page emails out to family and friends to keep them up to date with my little projects.

Since then, blogging has become one of my favorite hobbies, and I have started a couple of others to showcase some of my art.  I've also "met" a lot of people, and I have come to think of some my fellow bloggers as friends.  I can't really get into Facebook and such, because I find this blogging community serves most of the purposes of networking sites, without the aggravating background noise.

 This is what I looked like when I got home on Thursday.  (When did I develop that case of "Leno Chin"?)...
And, this is what the bike and the yard looked like.

It has been snowing, not quite constantly but close to it, since Thursday.  Personally, I am a bit sick of it.  I have a new bike which I have yet to ride (except for the around-the-block test ride, last Sunday), and I don't have a century ride on the books, yet, for February.

 This is what the back yard looks like after 3 days of snow.  Taken at 9:00 P.M., with no flash, hand-held.  Plenty of ambient light with the low clouds and snow cover.

 While I haven't ridden the new bike, it is on its third set of tires in a week.  I had put cream-colored 700x35c Schwalbe Delta Cruisers on it, but didn't like the looks of them.  So, I put my 700x42c WormDrives on it, tonight.  I think I'll run them, most of the time, and replace them with the mtb tires when needed (and I'll run 650b, when I know I'll be on really technical trails).

I ordered some disc-ready hubs to lace my 650b rims onto.  Once I do that, this will be the most versatile bike I have ever owned.

BLOG NEWS:

This morning, at the coffee shop, I mentioned to Brad that this post would be number 500.  While on that subject, Brad asked me if I would just, please, alphabetize the links, dammit!  I told him that I really didn't feel much like sitting in front of the computer moving links around in the list.

"Dude, there's a button to do it in the preferences," he told me.  I told him that I had never seen that, but I'd look for it.

Well, long story short, I never did find that button on this template.  But, I did manage to erase my entire list of links while screwing around with it experimenting with the layout.  Luckily, I had the blog open in two tabs, and the links were still present in the one I had never refreshed.  So, since I had to re-enter all of the links, anyway, I alphabetized them, deleted a few and added a couple. 

You're welcome, B.

I haven't had a chance to run through the whole list and make sure the links are all good.  So, if you hit a link and it doesn't work, just let me know.


Well, that's the big 500th post.  I hope you'll stay tuned for the next 500.


x

10 Comments:

At 11:05 PM , Blogger MELI. said...

yay JON!! big 500
im happy to be friends with you, from San Francisco. Bike, blogs and lots of coffee – oh yea :D

 
At 6:29 AM , Blogger Big Oak said...

Congratulations Jon! I really enjoy reading your blog.

 
At 6:32 AM , Blogger Rat Trap Press said...

Congrats on hitting 500. I have really enjoyed reading about your bike build experiments and your rides. Keep up the good work.

 
At 8:40 AM , Blogger Brad said...

Congrats on the 500!!
Thanks on the alphabetizing!!
You should have just been able to select "sort alphabetically" from the drop menu in the edit screen. We use the same template for ACW.

I'll mail you a screen shot.

Good stuff!

 
At 8:22 PM , Anonymous Dave W said...

Congrats Jon,
I really enjoy keeping up with your life and experiments via your blog. Looking forward to the next 500

 
At 9:30 AM , Anonymous Charles said...

Congratulations Jon! Your blogging exploits are somthing I strive to emulate. I'll add this to my list of, "how does he do that"'s. Can't wait to read the 1000th.

 
At 9:44 PM , Blogger Steve A said...

Are you able to keep those goggles from fogging up at stop lights?

 
At 7:39 AM , Blogger Jon said...

Thanks, everyone. It's good to know that someone's looking at the blog!

Steve A: Those are clear Smith glasses that I found on the side of the road, one day. They seem to fog a lot less than the safety glasses I was using and which, in a flash of Karma, I lost a couple of days after finding the Smiths.

 
At 7:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little late, sorry. Always a fun read. Congrats!! C

 
At 2:19 PM , Blogger katina said...

500! Woo. I don't even remember what I did for 500...probably nothing because I probably didn't notice until I was at like 510.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home