Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Back From the Powdercoater

It was getting a bit dark by the time I got the 650b Stumpy reassembled, so the color looks a little redder than it actually is, in this shot...





...and a little more orange than it actually is in these two.


Suffice it to say that it is a reddish orange, very similar to the color of my 1974 Peugeot, and it looks just like I wanted it to.

The color is represented a bit better in this shot, with the street tires on.

I'm thinking I'll swap the black saddle and bar tape for brown. It just seems like it would go better with the new color.
Considering the fact that I was trying to capture certain aspects of the 1993 Bridgestone XO-1 and the Rawland cSogn, I think it came out nicely.
I can't decide if it needs frame graphics, or not. I kinda like the look of the unadorned tubes, but that may just be because I just got it back from Lee. maybe I'll ride it a bit, and see if inspiration strikes.
x

7 Comments:

At 1:30 PM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

Wow Jon! Stumpy looks great with some new tires and paint,I'm jealous.

 
At 1:37 PM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

By the way, I think you should leave it plain red.For some reason it looks like it wants to be that way.

Oh!what's with Campy jesus on 52 pickup? Cool, but a little disturbing. I mean is someone gonna sit on that?Or is it just art?

 
At 2:49 PM , Blogger Jon said...

That's one of those unfortunate Brooks saddles which had dried to the point that it is essentially a flat piece of leather. Wall-hanger only.

I have another, in the same condition. Just trying to decide what to paint on it.

 
At 4:19 PM , Blogger vino4vino said...

Hi Jon, I am a fellow Denverite and just discovered your blog and I look forward to visiting often! May I ask you if you have a good local source for powder coating frames?

 
At 7:19 PM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

For the other saddle how about the Virgin Mary holding a wheel,maybe it'll give you better luck with spokes.LOL!

 
At 10:08 PM , Blogger Jon said...

vino4vino: I get my powdercoating done by Lee at Pristine Powdercoat, in Englewood.

 
At 10:44 PM , Blogger Apertome said...

It looks gorgeous! I agree about not putting any decals on it ... and it would look even better with brown tape/saddle. You should post some more, daylight pics when you get a chance.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home