Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Art, Comments and Other Things - UPDATED

I don't know if anyone ever actually checks the 52 Card Pickup blog, but I just posted some sketches over there, this morning. I did some quick, one minute sketches as I drank my coffee, just trying to jump-start myself a bit to get back into doing some art. I kinda burned out on it, a bit, last year with the sketch-a-day blog.

Anyway, if you decide to check out 52 Card Pickup, be sure and read the second comment on the January 23rd post. Nothing I like better than high-brow conversation. Oh, well...at least someone's looking at the blog.

I put up a preliminary ad on Craigslist, announcing the upcoming yardsale. Ten minutes later, I got an email from a guy wanting a quote on buying all the bikes as a package. I shot him back a list of bikes and the quote, which I think is quite fair. We'll see what he thinks, I guess. I really wouldn't mind getting rid of everything without having to kill a whole Saturday doing it. So, fingers crossed, as they say.

4/20/09 The package deal on the bikes went through. The yardsale is cancelled.

x

4 Comments:

At 9:22 PM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

I would love to hesr the Haiku of the Jan. 23rd commenter after someone inserted said bicycle into his posterior.that would be funny,if he/she could still speak or type after that ordeal.LOL!!!

 
At 9:24 PM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

I meant "hear" duh! I just spent all day at earth day festivities at Cleveland Mertoparks Zoo,parking bicycles for the COOP.I am a little tired to spell.

 
At 8:16 AM , Blogger Jon said...

I was both amused and confused by that commentator. Is he/she (let's just say "he, for convenience) such a fan of my drawings that he was just bitterly disappointed to get another form of art on my blog?

Maybe he is a professional songwriter and the quality of my lyrics didn't suit. I mean, I'm no Keith Partridge, when it comes to songcraft, but his reaction still seems a bit strong.

I do agree with him that a haiku about shoving my bike up the old wazoo would be art. Haiku is a well-respected and quite ancient art. But, why the bike shoving? And why didn't he go ahead and post a haiku about shoving my bike up the old alimentary canal? It might have been pretty fun.

Maybe I should have a contest for the best haiku about that particular act...

I don't know...some people just lose all civility when they can hide behind the cover of Internet Anonymity.

Still, though, I did find it entertaining that someone was so moved to leave such a comment on my little blog.

 
At 2:24 PM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

LOL! "moved" to put that comment on your blog,sorry that was tacky but I just had to say it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home