Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Saturday Morning Coffee Shop Ride

It's so nice to ride on streets that aren't covered in ice, with normal tires and standard gearing! The past couple of days, with temps in the 40s and 50s have done wonders for the road, and my mood!



I know we are supposed to get another couple of inches of the white stuff within the next 48 hours, or so. But, for now, I am enjoying the near 60 degree temps (54F when I left for Kaladi Bros., this morning). I plan on catching up on my backlog of bike work, now that it's warm enough to stay in the shop for a while.

Of course, the roads are wet, and none of my fendered bikes have fenders on them, right now. Maybe I should install some while I'm working on other people's bikes today.



Even the rear rack on the Miami Vice bike is without the deck on top which acts as an anti-skunk-stripe feature on some racks. So, I put together a ghetto fender on the way out the door:



It consists of a plastic bag (Performance Bicycles), with some crappy down-tube splash-guard (from a random bike I picked up somewhere) to hold it down, attached to the rack with a toe strap (handiest item this side of duct tape).

It's not pretty, but it gets the job done. Just like the Head Mechanic here at Grinder Bikes!

x

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home