Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Monday, January 07, 2008

Speedy Gonzales, Yup, That's Me

For the first time in about 3 weeks I actually made it to work and back home within my normal time.

The snow was pretty much gone, this morning, but I knew it was supposed to snow in the afternoon. So, I aired the tires on the pink bike up to 50 psi, and took off. Thirty three minutes later, and I was at the lab.

Ten minutes before I left to come home, I looked outside and saw the snow coming down sideways. It was beginning to stick on the road, but traction was still good. I left the higher air pressure in the tires and hauled butt for the house.

Forty six minutes of headwind, wet snow and little to no visibility later, I was back at the house.

Every time I write one of these, "it's so snowy" entries, I think of Jill Up In Alaska. She makes me feel like a sissy to even mention the weather here in Denver!

x

2 Comments:

At 8:47 AM , Blogger katina said...

I can make you feel less like a sissy. it's 'sposed to be 74 degrees today. And this is winter, thus I'm dutifully wearing my long sleeved shirts.

 
At 2:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jon,
I've been getting a few compliments on the Fixie headtube decal and the NEV sticker.Thanks again. Its cold here in Fresno today but not Colorado cold.

I started my own bike commuter blog:
www.bike4more.com

Thanks again

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home