Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Garmin Game

I'm still not sure how usable the Garmin is going to be for me. I don't care for the lack of an "auto-on" function. In the old days, only the high-end cyclometers had that function, and I was always forgetting to turn my CatEye off, or on. I was very happy when that became a standard feature on cyclometers.

The Garmin will tell you your speed, regardless of whether the timer is going, but it won't track mileage or elevation changes.

Also, the battery life seems to be quite a bit less than the 12 hours promised in the owner's manual. I used it for 2 - 1/2 hours, today, and the battery display is showing a half-charge.

Ah, well. I'll give it some more use before I make my mind up about it.

x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home