Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

National Bike Month = Jon's Commute Month

Despite the fact that May is our rainiest month, here in D-town, I have decided to commute by bike on every work day, this month. I think everyone is aware that I don't really care for the fact that we don't have National Bike Month every month, but I put that aside when I decided to kickstart my summer by doing this.
I rode on the 1st and 2nd (took the 3rd off), and was reminded how unhappy I am with carrying all my stuff on my back. In addition to clothes, I carry my lunch and, of course, my sketch book and pens every day, and it just doesn't ride well in my courier bag. And, backpacks are just too sweaty on my back to suit me.
So, I bought a seatpost-mounted rack and some medium-sized panniers, yesterday. I was out on the F1 bike, and found the easiest way to bring the stuff home was to just mount it up and go.

My two trucks.

I do not recommend riding a Formula One Fixie with loaded panniers. Just the stuff I was bringing home from the store, hanging to the rear of the rear axle, was enough to adversely affect the handling. Plus, the bike looks weird enough without the added luggage!

I mounted the whole setup on the newly-fixed Pink Bike for now. I kinda want it to take over commuting duties from the Peugeot. I just need to get some fenders, probably, since I plan on riding rain-or-shine this month.



x

2 Comments:

At 9:21 PM , Blogger katina said...

sweet jesus you went on a blogging binge.

 
At 7:27 AM , Blogger Jon said...

Well, I figure if you only post every two weeks, you might as well POST!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home