New Tires on the Yamaha
It's been a long time since I've posted anything new about the street-tracker project. I really just haven't done much to it, lately. Tyler did use it to practice riding before taking the MSF class and getting his license, but we haven't done a lot of working on it.
My friend Dan brought his tire irons over today, and we finally installed the Bridgestone tires which came with the bike. The old ones were rather crappy!
The new ones took some good effort to install, but Dan did most of the work. I removed/replaced the wheels, and Dan did the better part of the actual tire changing. He has had a bit more practice than I, since he changes his dirt bike tires out, periodically. I hadn't changed any in about ten years before today.
Of course, the dogs helped out by supervising .
The new tires look more serious, somehow. And, I know they will ride and handle better than the dried out, 25 year-old rubber we took off.
Next up: Paint!