Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Flattered...Aggravated? Can't Decide.

I was looking at Craigslist, today, and there was an ad for a "Vintage Road Bike 57cm , Ultralightweight, Mint Condition". I scrolled down to the bottom to look at the picture, and immediatley noticed that it wasn't a picture of the Nishiki road bike being listed.

As I looked at it, I couldn't help but feel that it looked familiar. Then, it dawned on me that I was looking at one of my bikes from the website gallery! It's a Peugeot singlespeed commuter I built up for a fellow so that he would have a bike to throw on the bus rack. It has a kickstand on it so that he doesn't have to lean it up on something at the bus stop, as he waits for his ride.

I emailed the lister, asking him why he was using this picture, but I haven't heard from him.

I don't think I like having people use pictures of my bikes in order to sell their own. I take great care to build nice bikes, and I want the credit for it! But, I don't want to be a jerk about it.

Still, I think I'll request that he take the ad down and relist without my (copyrighted) picture, or else credit me for the picture with an explanation so that people won't think they are buying a completely different bike.

UPDATE: I received an apologetic email from the lister, and he put up another picture with an explanatory note. I told him he could use my picture if he put an explanation on, but it looks like he found a closer match to his bike somewhere else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home