Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, August 11, 2013

420, Dude!

1983 Trek 420, that is...


 Last week, Tony G asked me to revitalize his old road bike. It had been out of his possession for a few years, and had recently returned home. I told him to bring it over, and we could see what it needed.


I tuned it up, swapped out the drop bars for mustache bars (with a shorter stem), wrapped the bars, changed the pedals and reshod it with 27x1-3/8" knobbies (new tubes and rim strips, of course).  Tony was pleased, and so was I. I like to have a hand in keeping these old classics on the road.

Lots of bike work/builds going on, all of a sudden.

x

1 Comments:

At 4:14 PM , Blogger Pondero said...

Wow...you have a gift.

Those old Treks (for one example) sure are useful...still.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home