Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

So, How Does This Work? EDIT

This came in the mail, today...

 A nice, twine-bound little package....

 ...direct from Hong Kong.  (Thank you, Chow.)

 While I suppose those are Hong Kong Dollars, it still looks like a good bit of postage.

 This was inside.  It is a swiveling flashlight mount for a handlebar (light not included).

Here it is, with a light in it, mounted to the nearest handlebar.  (Obviously, it is for a bicycle, I just put it on the motorcycle for illustration's sake.)

Now, for the part I don't get.

I bought this off of eBay, a few days ago.  I hit the Buy It Now, and got Free Shipping.  The Price, you ask?

99 cents!

How do you sell something for 99 cents, and mail it from Hong Kong to Denver, for free?

Is it some sort of evil method of gathering mailing addresses for future nefarious purposes?  Will a man with a folded newspaper bump into me at the train station, and demand the microdot?  Will I end up being a pawn in some international intrigue?

??????

I just don't understand the economics of this transaction...

EDIT:  These are back on eBay, now for $1.99 plus $1.00 shipping.  Still a bargain, if you ask me.

x

4 Comments:

At 7:06 PM , Blogger Big Oak said...

Huh, I can't explain it. Maybe it has something to do with the debt ceiling debate and wild stock market?

You shoulda ordered two.

 
At 7:20 PM , Blogger Jon said...

I wold have ordered 10, at that price, but he only had one listed at the Buy It Now, and a few at auction with the bidding starting at $1.99!

 
At 7:02 PM , Blogger Smilin-buddha said...

I might buy one

 
At 10:33 AM , Blogger John Romeo Alpha said...

@1USD=7.75HKD, that's .92USD on a .99USD sale--I'm with you, I can't figure out that transaction.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home