Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, August 07, 2011

Cabin Fever

Not the bad kind, but the good kind.  Like..Boogie Fever, only with a cabin.

Went up to Brad's family cabin, yesterday, for the annual get-together.  I didn't have a dog-sitter avilable and, therefore, I couldn't camp out, as usual.  So, I loaded the Dodge up with a cooler full of ice, food and drink, threw the Handsome XOXO in the back and the cigar box guitar in the front and headed up for a day-trip.

This was my first foray into the mountains with the Dodge, since I got it, and I was interested to see how it would act in the hills.  I switched off the overdrive gear, for most of the drive, and had the A/C running.  It still got 14.5 mpg on the mountain roads.

Brad and I built a couple of stick boats, for Noella, and floated them in the creek:

 The Old Man and The Sea

 Brad's boat...

 and mine.  (You probably need to enlarge the picture, to see them...)

 We got out on the bikes for a short ride, before dinner.  Brad was riding a borrowed Raleigh XXIX, with the belt drive.  He is supposed to write up a review for the Treads Bicycle Outfitters site, soon.  So, I got some action shots of him to post up alongside his review.

Faster than a speeding bullet.

After eating way too much, and playing some music around the campfire, we took our leave and headed back down the hill.  Home by 11:30, and the dogs were glad to see me.

The ride didn't seem to hurt my ankle, which is a good sign that the Achilles tendon may actually be healing.  But, it didn't help the apparent pulled muscle in my back.  Lots of stretching, this morning, has helped, though.

I'm really hoping the back gets better before the motorbike trip, next weekend...

x

1 Comments:

At 11:37 AM , Blogger Apertome said...

What a blast! The stick boats are great, I'll have to try that sometime. I hope the XOXO is riding well ... glad to hear your ankle seems to be improving.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home