Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Home, Sweet Home

Got into the big bird at about 4:20 (duuuuude!), EDT, yesterday and hit the ground running in Denver at 5:25 PM, local time.  It's nice to have the time change condense a 3 hour flight into 65 minutes on the clock.

The last week, spent with my mom, sister, brother-in-law and nephews went too, too quickly.  But, I have to admit, it's nice to be home.

Brad came back, last Friday, and I shipped his bicycle out on Saturday.  Once it is back, the trip is as over as it will ever be.

Speaking of Brad, he sent me a message saying that he had gotten the new and improved JINXED blog up and running.

"The new blog is right over there...in the blog roll."

He should have his version of the ride in Indiana up soon.  Check it out.

I got up, this morning, and rode the Scrambler down to Kaladi, to have coffee with Brad.  It was nice to get back into the routine, a bit. 

I took today off, from work, even though I got back yesterday.  Daddy passed away a year ago, today, and I just didn't feel like going in.  I wanted to stay with family, but I just couldn't get the schedule to work out with my time away from work. 

I got back from the coffee shop, and tackled the yard mowing.  Having been gone for two weeks, with rain every evening, apparently, I was looking at a jungle, in the back yard.

I tried to get Jack to go out into the grass, for scale, but he wanted to stick close to me.  Still, I think you get the idea.  Add the rain we had, last night, to the height of the grass, and you can imagine how much fun it was to mow.

An hour later, it looked like this.  My little electric mower earned its keep, today.

The front yard is so shady that it doesn't grow nearly as fast as the back.  I forgot to shoot a picture until I was halfway through with the mowing.  The chair is sitting in the un-mowed portion.  Cutting this took about 10 minutes.

Tomorrow, I go back to work, and ease into the routine.  One day back at the office, before the weekend, shouldn't shock the system, too badly.

I'm sorry that the trip is in the past.  I looked forward to it, for over 6 months, planning and anticipating.  It turned out to be way more fun than I had even hoped.

I think I need to get out of town, more often....

x

2 Comments:

At 11:44 AM , Blogger Apertome said...

I'm glad you made it to your destination, and then home, safely. Have a great "week" at work! Was your mowing inspired in part by all those well-groomed Hoosier lawns?

 
At 1:20 PM , Blogger Jon said...

My own private Indiana...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home