Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Friday, April 02, 2010

Bag Support Test

I loaded the bag up, this morning, to see how the support works.


The bag stays off of the tire nicely, even fully stuffed.  Admittedly, this was not a heavy load, being mostly clothing plus a cable lock, sketchbook and flat-fixing supplies, but I was interested in whether or not the base of the support is big enough.


I was concerned that the bag might droop down around the support frame, once it was loaded up.  But, it did not.  And, I don't think it will, even with some weight added.

Overall, I am happy with the support.  I had considered ordering a bag hoop from Rivendell, but a) it costs more than what I paid for the bag and, b) I didn't want to wait until it arrived to use the bag.  Hence, necessity mothered another invention.

So, I am all set up, in case Brad and I decide to do a long ride, this weekend.  (Wind, and some other things have kinda made us hesitant to commit to it).  And, it cost me, essentially, nothing to put together.

x

5 Comments:

At 12:13 PM , Blogger Rat Trap Press said...

I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of the sale. The bag looks great on that bike and the support looks like it was professionally made. Very creative.

 
At 1:28 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Thanks, Myles. I appreciate that.

 
At 5:33 PM , Blogger Pondero said...

Well done. Only what is needed and nothing more. Perfect.

 
At 6:26 PM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

Wow! sorry I missed out on the Minnehaha bag sale,I just realized that Resroation Hardware(the store) is only about thirty mi. from my house.I'll have to go there and check it out.Great homebrew bag support by the way!

 
At 11:45 AM , Blogger Apertome said...

Your bag support really does look great. I ordered one of those same bags during the same sale, but I have yet to mount it on my bike. Frankly I'm not sure yet how I'll use it, but it was too good a deal to pass up. It'll likely go on a bike to be named later. I don't really need it for the LHT.

I've even thought about putting it on my mountain bike, it'd be very nice to be able to haul more stuff on that bike, but it also might get in the way.

I am a little concerned that the bag will hit my rear wheel, too. Will have to check that ... if I have the same problem, I might have to ask for some advice :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home