Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Wheel-building Al Fresco


The weather was a bit nicer, today, than it has been for the past little bit.  So, I moved the wheel-stand out to the front yard,  I disassembled my 650b wheels, and relaced the rims onto disc-brake hubs.


After the wheels were trued and tensioned, I mounted the tires and then installed the disc rotors.  If you are ever planning on owning disc wheels, invest in a set of Torx fittings for your ratchet.  The ratchet method allows you to mount the disc in about a third of the time required with the tool supplied with the brakeset.


So now, I can check out the 650b performance out.  At this point, I can run the bike as a 700 x whatever road or cross set-up, 650b road or mountain, 650bx29er, or 29er mtb.

x

3 Comments:

At 5:22 AM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

Nice!It looks like you have finally succeeded in building the "ALMOST" all conditions bike.

WOrd verifacation is embolina,is that like a "LITTLE" embolism?

 
At 12:31 PM , Blogger Apertome said...

Wow, what a versatile bike! I can't wait to see it in action.

 
At 2:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here we see Jon Grinder, concert harpist for the Denver Symphony, practicing on his newest instrument.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home