Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Mileage Blather

Now, I need to zero out all of my cyclometers. Apertome and Noah keep detailed records of their mileage, even down to the miles per type of riding they do. I did the same thing years ago, but stopped some time back. Blogger peer pressure is forcing me to resume.

I think I will keep a record, this year (but I will only bother to divide it into commuting and non-commuting miles) and see how many miles I pile up.

I have a spreadsheet at work which keeps a running total of my commute, so I can handily subtract that from my monthly total to get those two values.

I will have to estimate the mileage on the orange Peugeot. It seems somehow sacriligeous to put a cyclometer on that bike.

I hope to accomplish four things, this year (and they all involve my mountain bike). To wit:

1. To put 1,000 offroad miles on the mtb. I guess I have to keep a separate total of that too.
2. Ride in Crested Butte. 15 years in Colorado and I've never been there!
3. Ride the White Rim Trail in a day.
4. Race the 24 Hours of Moab, again.

Wish me luck.

x

3 Comments:

At 9:02 AM , Blogger Apertome said...

Wow, those are some great goals. 1,000 offroad miles sure is a lot, more than twice what I did in 2007 -- but I have to drive 30 minutes to get to a decent trail. I hope you have some closer than that.

I believe Noah uses a spreadsheet; I've found mycyclinglog.com to be a great way of tracking my mileage. It makes it very easy to tag things as road, commute, mountain, etc.

I also estimate mileage on one of my bikes, but it's easy because I mostly ride it to and from work.

 
At 10:02 AM , Blogger Jon said...

Yeah, 1,000 miles will be a challenge; maybe even one I can't meet. But, I can only try.

I live about 15 miles from the Front Range foothills, here in Denver, so I can actually ride to some decent trails in less than hour, if I want. Driving to trails seems wrong, but I do it anyway (when I just don't have time for the round trip by bike.

 
At 8:40 PM , Blogger Brad said...

Count me in for a Crested Butte run...never ridden there either.

White rim in a day? Lets do a couple centuries on the road first...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home