Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Good Ride


A muddy mountain bike is a happy mountain bike.

Today, I took a longer training ride (about 25 miles), at a slightly lower pace than the last two. I wanted to get some miles in, but not burn myself out for tomorrow. 

Most of the trail was snowpacked, but the sun had melted the snow, in places. That's why my bike is muddy.


It was a beautiful Winter day, and the sun was so intense that I was pretty lightly dressed. This is one of the the things that, even after living here for 26+ years, amazes me about Denver. It's never this comfortable in the middle of Winter in West Tennessee...


Part of my ride was on packed single track trail, along the course of the Highline Canal Trail. This is the kind of stuff I built the single speed fat bike for.


My glasses were so dark from the sun that I could barely see my phone as I was taking pictures.


Once I got home, I sat in the sun and enjoyed the warmth in my front yard. It was a good day, and I feel like I got some decent saddle time in.

I need to do it again, tomorrow.

x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home