Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Monday, June 04, 2018

Back On the Blog

In every life, some mistakes are made. On of those, for me, happened about a year ago when my MacBook died. I replaced it with a PC laptop, loaded with Windows10.

I hate it.

Every time I try to use the damn thing, it has to reset (often it takes 20 to 30 minutes to boot up). Then, as i am using it, every app I use does the same thing. I'll be typing along on Blogger, or in Word, and the thing just freezes up and gives me the "Please Wait" message for five minutes. It's so bad that I haven't even opened the sucker up in weeks.

I would blog from my phone, but for some reason Blogger doesn't work with the iOS, any more. I can't load pictures, and the text won't post after I type it.

I am typing this on my Kindle Fire, using a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. It's like a tiny little laptop, and it will work for now.

In the meantime, I ordered a refurbished MacBook, today. When it arrives, I hope to get back to regular posting. I miss posting, and I don't like missing my record of what's going on in my life. I do use this blog as a "web-log", and search back to see what was happening in the past ... when I went on vacation, when I bought a certain bike, etc.

So, I am back. I hope, if you are reading this, that this is good news...

x

2 Comments:

At 7:42 PM , Blogger G.E. said...

Definitely good news! Always a bit sad when people disappear from their online presence.

I've switched over to using a Chromebook - it is not without its faults either, but I find that the simplicity is ideal for 80-90% of what I deal with regularly. I still have a desktop that I use for everything else, but the compactness and ease of that little device has been nice. Plus, it was far less expensive than getting another laptop (Mac or PC). Hope all goes well with your purchase and we'll be hearing all about life again soon.

 
At 6:12 AM , Anonymous Sarah said...

Always glad to see you here. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home