Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Bicycle Challenge Time

A few years ago, I was feeling a bit down about how little I was riding my bicycle. So, I challenged myself to ride to work, every day, in May (since that's my birthday month). I ended up riding to work, every day that I went to the lab, for a little over 4 years.

Fast-forward to now. I am, once again, feeling down about my lack of bicycling, and my fitness level.


 You might say I'm feeling a bit flat...


My 55th birthday is around the corner, and I am feeling every one of those years. So, I am going to do the "every day in May" challenge again, this year.

I don't think I'll end up doing 4 years of daily bicycle commutes, this time, but I hope to at least get comfortable with both myself and the bike.

Now, if it will just stop snowing!

x

1 Comments:

At 5:04 PM , Blogger Steve A said...

Have you forgotten https://grinderswheels.blogspot.com/2011/06/im-calling-it.html ? It'd take a LOT to break THAT streak. I couldn't do it - and I tried, but retirement got in the way. I just didn't make much sense to bicycle commute after that event. Nowadays, my commuting consists of the ride to the IGA espresso stand...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home