Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Friday, March 18, 2016

Boy, That Month Flew By!

It kind of shocked me to realize that over a month had passed since I last posted on the old bloggarino. It's been a fairly intense time, art work, which entailed working overtime, going out of town and just generally being so busy that I didn't feel like I even had a home-life. I haven't ridden the bicycle to work in the past 3 weeks, and I've barely ridden it, otherwise. But, today it snowed, and that gave me an excuse to bust out the fat-front bike and pedal down to the coffee shop on this, my first Friday off in 3 weeks.

So, I bundled up against the 24 degree (F) chill, and toodled off to Kaladi Bros., this morning. I was glad to have the studded tires, as the wet spring snow had compacted down to slushy ice under the tires of earlier car traffic. It felt good to pedal the fixed-gear, and I really enjoyed the ride.

After working last Sunday's NYT crossword, I headed home. Along the way, I pulled off the road to ride around in the snow in Observatory Park. I am ready for some mountain biking, and this was as close as I am going to get, today!

This year has started out slowly, when it comes to cycling. I hope to rectify that situation, soon. In the meantime, I plan to start riding to work, regularly, once again. It's not the greatest cycling in the world, but it sure beats nothing!

x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home