Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Flu-bie Doobie Doo


I have been under the weather for the better part of the week. Monday afternoon, the annoying cough and itchy throat I had experienced for a couple of days welcomed a fever and extreme fatigue into the mix. I slept from 7:30, Monday night, to 1:00 Tuesday afternoon, and I slept 16 to 18 hours a day until yesterday, when I cut waaaay back to 12 hours.

Today was the first day I woke up feeling human, which was convenient since I had about 6 inches of (thankfully, powdery) snow to shovel off of the walk and drive. It was a little cool out, but it warmed up nicely by the time I went out to shovel...


It warmed up from 1 degree above zero (F) to 2 degrees above zero! I took advantage of the balmy temps to shovel, and let the van warm up before driving to Kaladi for my first coffee in 5(!) days.

(As a side note, the Dodge wouldn't even turn over since, I assume, I haven't driven it enough lately to keep the battery charged. This is one of the many reasons that I do not want two cars at once!)

I posted this photo of The Chick Magnet on FB, this morning, after I got to the coffee shop. This was my first drive in any significant amount of snow, and it went really well. While it's not quite as easy as driving in 4wd, the studded tires do make it a lot easier than normal tires do.


It's looking more and more like the Dodge is going to go away, and the Astro Van is going to stick around. It's a handy vehicle for me, and I am oddly fond of it, already. Of course, like any used vehicle, it could go completely south on me, at any time. That's why I am waiting just a bit longer before I make the final decision.

x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home