Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Just Like The Old Days

Back before the advent of the smart phone and the e-tablet, I spent my time at the coffee shop (or waiting at the DMV, etc.) drawing in my pocket sketchbook. Nowadays, I find myself reading on the Kindle app, or surfing the interwebs for something, instead.

Today, I not only accidentally left my phone at home, but I got to the coffee shop at a time when no one I knew was there. Except for the 15 minutes that Mark Overly sat down with me, I was alone at my table, with no electronic connectivity.

So, out came the sketchbook, complete with the new cover I ordered, a few days ago:


It's a map of Colorado. Well, the southern half, anyway..

And, just like the old days, I sipped my coffee and doodled. My drawing skills are obviously rusty, but I had a good time just putting some ink to paper, anyway.


Page 1 of the new sketchbook.

I might have to "forget" my phone, more often...

x

2 Comments:

At 1:23 PM , Blogger Rat Trap Press said...

Sometimes it's good to get back to the basics. I've been trying to use pen and paper more often.

 
At 4:24 PM , Blogger MELI. said...

very cool jon :) looking forward to see more in the future, no pressure !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home