Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Friday, January 20, 2006

Too Cold to Work

We got too much snow and cold air, the last few days, to really get any work done on a covered (but open) patio. However, it wasn't too cold to buy some small parts.



I got two pairs of these alloy Lockhart Phillips turnsignals. The lenses measure about 1-1/2 by 2-1/2 inches, with a one inch long stem. I like the smaller signals; they really clean up the lines of the bike. I would rather have no signals, at all, on a bike like this, but I just can't bring myself to ride in Denver traffic without them.





I used similar turn signals on my flat black 1983 Interceptor Street Fighter project, a few years ago, and they worked fine.






From the side, they are virtually invisible.

















But from the rear, or front, they show up fine.







So, I got those, and some exhaust repair tape (to use as a gasket between the mufflers and headers), wire connectors for the tail light, and bolts to attach the muffler brackets to the frame.

That brings the total out of pocket expenses, so far, to about $1050. I have a budget of $1500 for this project, and it looks like I might get in under that. Kinda depends on what I decide to do about paint.

I think the tank which is currently on the bike, and the side covers, will probably just get rattlecanned for the time being. That gives me the option of waiting until I come across a bargain of a paint job for the primered tank. Who knows, the rattlecan job might end up being permanent, depending on how well it comes out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home